ON MY MIND: This week, I read that people did not live in the same worlds. Ever. DUH!!!! But an 80 + year old woman or man does not live in the same world as a 30, 40, 50-year-old person. Then, I remembered my days in Law School. I knew that I had to think in a way that my classmates (who were younger) were thinking because most of my clients and business associates would be young and excited and motivated!! And I wanted to be a successful lawyer. And, I was!
Then, I thought about my readers on Jayspeak. And … Paris. I have things that I want to say, and I want people to want to read what I have to say. No one wants to know how to be a successful 80-year-old. OK, I do. And, maybe some others do. BUT, most of us want to be the age we feel in our heads (all ages). We all need to think in a way that is excited and motivated.
Then I pondered “thinking positively” about things – being young, excited, and motivated. There is so much negativity. What is realistic? Oh, who cares! I don’t need to be realistic. I like looking for a pony in all of this shit. I like a glass half full of water that is now a commodity! HaHa. Practice…..
In 2020, I moved to Paris! MY Paradise! It doesn’t have to be anyone else’s Paradise. Then, I read in 2020, the following things happened (posted by another positive thinker on Facebook)……..
- The ozone hole over Antarctica closed
- Germany is changing 62 military bases into nature reserves
- Whales came back to the Atlantic Ocean after more than 100 years (I don’t know about the dolphins)
- Great Britain reported the smallest number of people that became infected by HIV in history
- China, as the biggest air polluter in the world, committed to achieving zero emissions by 2060 (I was in Beijing. It was terrible)
- The number of victims of terrorism decreased for the 5th year in a row
- In 2020, people saved 48 animal species from extinction
- Scientist discovered 20 new plant and animal species; they also rediscovered some they thought were extinct
- Kazakhstan became the 88th nation that committed to abolish the death penalty
- The elephant population in Kenya doubled
- Saudi Arabia and Palestine banned child marriages
- Demand for oil decreased for the first time in history and Denmark promised to end its mining.
- Scotland will provide menstrual aids to all women for free
- In Africa, polio has been completely eradicated. THEY OWE IT THE VACCINE
- Vaccine against Covid-19 became the fastest developed vaccine in history. (Oops – is that good or bad?)
Now, I am not superstitious, BUT if I were, I would be knocking on wood, 17 or 18 x3 times. Anyway, that is good news if you need it. And…. maybe it is stretching a point here and there…. But you get the picture….
Meanwhile…. back in Paris and thinking young….
Well, I need to get color back on my hair. That make me think younger Haha. And this cane doesn’t help. So, while I think about a young approach to Jayspeak, I will post fun pictures and some memes that I like….
Meet LUCY! She is a place saver for my next cat while I think..Handmade in Germany. Designer Kitty until I get my next rescue.
TRYING TO EAT HEALTHY. ACTUALLY, I LIKE HEALTHY FOOD….
Well, I am still working on it. Stay tuned. Meanwhile, I am staying put in my own Paris, the PARADISE of my own making….and, the pony is in the mail…..along with the check……
Best, Jay (only past pictures until I get that energy to do hair and makeup for the pharmacie and the grocery store. Soon. Not today, not tomorrow, but soon. )
Wit and Wisdom coming your way. HAHA